Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

Yes. I Cry At the Movies.



There. I said it. I'll go one further. You're not a man if you can't cry during a movie.

I'm not saying you have to bawl at the end of "Sleepless in Seattle" or "Beaches."

But when Bambi's mother dies or Ray Kinsella asks his deceased father to have a catch, perspiration best be forming in your peepers.

It is a perfectly normal and healthy reaction to let a movie move you.

However there is a line. You don't need to be hyperventilating, tears rushing, yelling "HE HAD HER AT HELLO."

Especially not good for a date but we'll save "Perfect Date Films" for another post.

Everytime I watch "The Land Before Time" and "UP", multiple tears exit the canal.

The end of "ET" when the music is building as the ships door closes then there is a 2 sec silence with a close up of Henry Thomas, I'm overwhelmed and perhaps a couple tears.

Hell, I even got emotional from "Inception" during the hallway corridor fight but that is more a film makers sensory overload.

And why haven't you seen "Inception"?

Ok. Your turn. When have you guys and gals cried? Your answers will be kept safe on the internet.

Comment here or on the Twitter @moviemorty

No comments:

Post a Comment