Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

FILM REVIEW: SUCKER PUNCH (2011)


Director: Zack Snyder
Cast: Emily Browning, Abbie Cornish, Vanessa Hudgens, Jena Malone

2.5 out of 5

A young orphaned girl is put into an asylum and through reality and fantasy, needs to find 5 items to help her and her friends escape.

I give props to Mr. Snyder for thinking of an original story that at first, I thought was based off of a graphic novel.

The graphics were good. Didn't like the monster villains to be CGI but oh well. 30% of the movie had to be in slow motion and that did not go well for me.

Acting was ok, considering there was no character development. Costumes were good. Stunts and action were well done and shot well.

Now, the pacing and events were putting me to sleep. Baby Doll (Emily Browning) would need to do her seductive dance to distract whoever had the item they were seeking. The girls were then transported in to their fantasy world to defeat the villains. It became repititous and wore on me.

If you like graphic novels or Zach Snyder's vision, you will probably love it. I unfortunately did not and still feel like I've been sucker punched half an hour afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment